Monday

Krispy Kreme coupon

Over the holiday we get this coupon flyer for Krispy Kreme in the newspaper. There is one that is buy one dozen and get another dozen glazed free. Cool, I think until I look at the fine print. Offer valid only in January it says....WTF???? I mean I like donuts as well as the next guy but I am not going to be able to hold on to this coupon for a month over all these holidays and then still remember that I have it. I don't know what they are thinking and who this is directed at.

I have to think their audience is made of of these groups:
  • The donut fanatics are going to show up anyway, they don't need a coupon or an excuse.
  • People like me who read and go WTF??? and then chunk it.
  • Those people who collect every scrap and save it and use it as they are instructed. Poor fools, what a dismal life.
  • Then their are those who don't read so close, cut the thing out, and go down there only to be told its not valid yet. But since they have already told the family they were going for donuts etc. they have to break down and buy them at full price.

Surely it is this last group they are aiming for. It is deceptive advertising like this that really gets me mad. Just like final prices in large bold print and then the numerous rebates you have to do in small print.

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Oh my god...do u seriously not have anything better to do with your time than to sit down and write a detailed WHINGE about a krispy kreme voucher? I noticed you wrote "Poor fools, what a dismal life" and frankly I think it's pathetic that you sit there insulting everyone when your own life can't be too great itself.

7:51 AM  
Blogger steve_o said...

But it made you post didn't it. LOL

12:44 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

oh stevo-o, ive missed ur rants. good to know that ur still as miserable as ever(and i mean that in the most genuine way) =D xx

7:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:49 PM  
Blogger steve_o said...

Thanks anti28, glad to know you are still out there and checking in.

Yes, I am still on the rampage...when time permits ;)

12:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Steve's Rants